Lisa Andreasen's journey to the Boston Cow Parade.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Day 12 - April 25


OPTICOW ILLUSION 48
Originally uploaded by Lisa Andreasen.
Opticow is finally fully clothed! Now for her final coating to protect her from the elements. My father is going to give her several layers of high gloss automotive clear coat and then she's ready for the wild... well, Boston, which is not exactly native territory for our bovine friends.

There has been some debate as to what the pattern of Opticow Should be called. Everyone seems to have a different idea of what it looks like. What do you see?

4 Comments:

Blogger mike said...

Congratulations! The pics look cool, can't wait to see it in person.

April 28, 2006 12:12 PM

 
Blogger amanda said...

The first thing I see is Sea Shells. You should post up some of the name choices. Just thought i'd tell you I miss you and I love you and that you created the coolest cow masterpiece i've ever seen ;-) hehe...
<3, amanda

May 01, 2006 6:38 PM

 
Blogger Lisa Andreasen said...

Thanks guys! I'm gonna be mischievous and not post choices for pwoplw to pick from. I don't want to hamper your creativity or try to shape what you see. I love hearing how people experience something I have created from their perspective. Anyone who has asked what the artwork in our kitchen means knows this first hand. The design on the cow is more of a stream on consciousness for me anyway, rather than a planned expression of a concept.

May 01, 2006 10:01 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

I'm with Amanda. When I saw the picture in the Telegraph this morning, the first thing I thought of was shells. Specifically, Oyster Shells. Which I thought was entirely appropriate for Boston.

I was surprised, when the article discussed "why cows?" for this project, that they didn't bring up that cows are integral in the history and design of Boston. Most of the streets are based on cow paths.

Lovely job, Lisa. Congrats!

May 02, 2006 10:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home